For the 2020-21 school year, school busing will look a little different in Ontario. The Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium (SCSTC) will be following all Ministry of Education (MOE) guidelines related to student transportation which includes:
- Prior to going to the bus stop in the morning, families must ensure that students complete the COVID-19 self-assessment and stay home if they are displaying symptoms or if they feel ill.
- Students and parents are encouraged to respect physical distancing of at least 2 metres between students at assigned bus stop locations.
- While riding on school vehicles, the wearing of non-medical masks is mandatory for all students from JK to Grade 12.
- Students will be assigned seats and are required to sit only in their assigned seating.
- Drivers will be wearing masks and face shields as students board and exit the bus.
- Students are encouraged to follow proper hand hygiene and sneezing and coughing etiquette.
- SCSTC contracted school vehicle operators will follow the enhanced cleaning protocols for frequently touched surfaces provided in the MOE guidelines. This includes increased disinfecting protocols for frequently touched surfaces (e.g. handrails, seatbacks) twice daily.
For students approved for specialized transportation, parents/guardians of students riding on school purpose minivans will be required to wear a face covering if their student requires assistance boarding or exiting the vehicle or buckling their seat belt.