Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) French Immersion (FI) and Extended French (EFSL) stop locations typically do not follow the same criteria as regular home-to-school stop locations, as per SCDSB policy.
Criteria for FI/EFSL stop locations are as follows:
• Centralized community school vehicle stops in different locations from regular bus stops to avoid student identification confusion and traffic congestion;
• Availability of parking for parents to drop off students and to await students in a safe manner;
• In public spaces or locations where groups of students may safely gather;
• Not on roadsides unless reviewed and approved following a request through the school;
• Not to be at, or adjacent to, a school location to avoid student identification confusion and traffic congestion;
• Stop locations must have winter maintenance.