Supporting student learning by providing safe and responsive student transportation in partnership with publicly funded schools, families, bus operators and community.
About the Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium:
The Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium (SCSTC) provides student transportation services within Simcoe County for the Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) and the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board (SMCDSB). The role of the SCSTC includes contracting bus and vehicle operators on behalf of the SCDSB and SMCDSB.
The two transportation departments of the SCDSB and the SMCDSB were combined as the SCSTC. In 2011, the SCSTC became an independent organization with its own staff and operations.
- The SCSTC plans and co-ordinates the safe and efficient home-to-school transportation for more than 34,000 students.
- SCSTC-contracted school vehicles travel about 61,000 km each day - that's equivalent to more than 1.5 times around the equator!
- The SCSTC services 155 public and catholic schools in Simcoe County.
- The SCSTC contracts more than 715 school vehicles to provide home-to-school transportation. These include full-size buses, busettes, minivans and physically disabled passenger vehicles (PDPV).
- The SCSTC transports eligible students to and from school throughout Simcoe County - that's 4,859 square kilometres and includes the following four zones:
- North Zone - Elmvale, Midland, Penetanguishene, Orillia and surrounding areas;
- South Zone - Alliston, Beeton, Bradford, Cookstown, Tottenham and surrounding areas;
- Central Zone - Barrie, Innisfil, Angus and surrounding areas;
- West Zone - Collingwood, Stayner, Wasaga Beach and surrounding areas.